1. During a registration process, we may ask you for personal information which both identifies you and enables us to communicate with you. We may also invite you to tell us your interests or provide additional demographic information (such as the hardware and operating system that you use) so that we can give you a more customised experience and make our communications more relevant and interesting for you. Your response to these additional types of questions is voluntary.
2. We will use the information you provide only for the following purposes:
(i) to send you newsletters and details of offers and promotions in which we believe you may be interested;
(ii) to improve the content, design and layout of the our website and to facilitate knowledge management;
(iii) to understand the interests and buying behaviour of our registered users; and
(iv) to perform other such general marketing and promotional activities focused on our products and services.
3. We may also register you for other services of ours which we feel may be useful or of interest to you.
Consent and Choice
6. If we have provided an administration service (‘your account’), you may be able to review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and current. You may be able to update, correct, change or delete inaccurate details. You may also change your choice of opting in or out of marketing and promotional activities, although you may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your change is being processed.
7. You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information on payment of a small fee.
Financial and other Information
8. If you are ordering a product, you will need to give us your contact information (such as your name and shipping address) and financial information (such as your credit card number and its expiration date). We use this information for invoicing purposes and to fulfil your order. We may also use this information to contact you if we have trouble processing your order. We do not keep financial information for future orders, therefore these will need to be re-entered for each order.
9. It is sometimes necessary for us to supplement the information that we receive from you with information from third-party sources. For example, to determine if a customer qualifies for credit, we may use the customer’s name and National Insurance or social security number to request a credit report.
Sharing of your Personal Data
10. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties as follows:
(i) we may use external shipping companies or couriers to ship orders and a credit card processing company to bill you for products and services. These companies will not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for other purposes; and
(ii) we may partner with other companies to provide specific services. When you sign up for these services, we will share your name and other necessary contact information with the relevant partner. These partners will not use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing the services specified.
12. When you submit personal information to us through a site, this information may be transferred across national boundaries and may be stored and processed in a country different to that in which you live or are present when you access the site.
13. We will take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is not unlawfully processed. We also treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access.
14. However, no information transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We employ security techniques to protect such data from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company.
15. Our websites may create one or more cookies on your machine containing session and state information. The information within a cookie does not include personal or financial information.
16. Websites may require cookies to be allowed in your browser to permit creation and to allow features and actions on the site to work without restriction. Please be aware that should cookies be disabled, features and actions will be reduced in functionality or disabled altogether including shopping baskets and wish lists etc.
17.Information on how to block cookies can normally be found within the help features of your browser. Information can also be found on the website of the manufacturer of your browser.
18. We may transfer your personal information to other group companies and contractors outside of the European Union or European Economic Area for the purpose of processing any registration information, order details and other similar purposes.
19. Our websites are not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 18 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
Deletion of your Personal Data
20. We are unable to delete your account information containing your personal information for a minimum period of six years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a sales transaction, a return, or some other interaction with us via our Customer Services team or our online tools). This is because we may need to access historical information for business reporting and statutory record keeping purposes.
21. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy companies or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that our business is acquired or sells some or all of its assets and/or subsidiaries, customer information might be one of the transferred assets.
Links to other Websites
22. Our websites may contain links to other sites. You are encouraged to read the privacy policies of every website that collects any personally identifiable information.